You will find Maddock Park at 221 Mooloolah Connection Road, Mooloolah.
Maddock Park is a fantastic faciltiy, especially for horse riders who
can park their horse float, safely unload their horse and enjoy the
local network of horse trails.
View Larger Map
It also has a kids playground, BBQ's and tables, a boardwalk, toilets available, swimming "beach", plenty of walking tracks, mountain bike riding tracks, heaps of parking and is just a nice spot.
The playground isn't anything special but it does have a shelter and is pretty safe for little ones (although it is not fenced and close enough to the carpark and water to mean you have to keep close supervision)
What's Good About Maddock Park
- The availability of special facilities for horse riders is a real asset.
- Good spot for swimming or canoeing/kayaking.
- Plenty of room to spread out.
- Nice boardwalk to stroll along or a great place for kids to fish.
- Good clean and modern toilets.
- BBQ's available.
- A covered kids playground, although nothing special, is OK.
What's Not So Good About Maddock Park
- Playground is not fenced for little kids, and is close to carpark.
- Obviously water can be dangerous for weak swimmers and little kids.
- No cafe close by, yes sad but true, NO COFFEE.
Blue-Green Algae Concerns At Ewen Maddock Dam
- Like all waterways, Ewen Maddock Dam is subject to blue-green algae "Blooms". To download a fact sheet about this bacteria and the possible health affects if you go swimming, click here to link to SEQ Water's website where you can download the fact sheet.
You can also find a lot more info about dams and water on their site.
Why not check out these other local parks and playgrounds